Wednesday, January 25, 2006

No sleeves.

Last night I acted like I was in college and it was probably the best night I've had during my college social career. Really.

I like thinking of my life as a series of completely trivial individual moments that create a larger and much more enlightented product.

I'm being careful about saying that I wasn't "myself" last night. Because really, I was absolutely the same person that I've always been. But there were a few small changes that I must have made--intentionally or unintentionally. I was a different version of myself and I wish I could have seen what happened from the outside.

I wanted to project myself everywhere in that basement. I wanted to hang from the wooden rafters and the dusty rusted pipes and I wanted to crouch beneath the bar and look from below and see what my feet were doing while the rest of me was completely surrendered to something so incredibly visceral. I wanted to know if I could see my toes curling through the tops of my shoes and I wanted to see the shape that his jawline took.

What an excellent and truly surprising series of events. And I don't mind not knowing which part of the bigger picture this fits into. It was a fantastic series of moments and I look forward to making more of them, however unconnected or trivial they may seem.

No comments: